The holidays are a time of thankfulness and giving. This year Alpine Animal Hospital wants to focus some of our attention on local nonprofit organizations that share our passion for animals. Wikipedia states that a nonprofit organization is an organization that uses its surplus of the revenues to further achieve its ultimate objective, rather than distributing its income to the organization’s shareholders, leaders, or members. The key aspects of nonprofits are accountability, trustworthiness, honesty, and openness to every person who has invested time, money, and faith into the organization. Nonprofit organizations are accountable to the donors, founders, volunteers, program recipients, and the public community. Public confidence is a factor in the amount of money that a nonprofit organization can raise.
Nonprofits are in it for the cause, not for the money. Therefore, Alpine wants to help create more public awareness for some of the animal related non-profits located close to or in the Roaring Fork Valley that we feel could use more support. Some of these are also groups that our team members support personally.
- C.A.R.E : Colorado Animal Rescue https://www.coloradoanimalrescue.org/ 970-947-9173
- Friends of the Aspen Animal Shelter https://www.friendsoftheaspenanimalshelter.org/ 970-544-9247
- Pauline S. Schneegas Wildlife Foundation https://www.psswf.org/ 970-876-5676
- Indigo Mountain Nature Center https://www.indigomountain.org/ 719-748-5550
- Western Border Collie Rescue http://wbcrescue.learningpersonalized.net/
- Rifle Animal Shelter http://rifleanimalshelter.com/ 970-625-8808
- Grand Valley Pit Crew https://www.facebook.com/grandvallleypitcrew/ 970-234-8612
- Lucky Day Animal Rescue https://www.luckydayrescue.org/
Nonprofits depend on donations for all aspects of running their organization, not just monetary donations. You can support a nonprofit by donating food, bedding, medications, cleaning supplies, operational supplies, office supplies and one huge necessity, time. Volunteers are the lifeblood of nonprofit organizations. Please find one that you connect with and would like to support; money, material donation, or your time. I promise you, they will appreciate it and so will you; volunteering your time can be a rewarding experience in itself. Happy Holidays to you and yours!